Steve the Designer

Steve the Designer

Friday, September 23, 2011

OTHER CARS FROM THE PAST

These are cars we have owned through the years ..... Or some that have influenced me in some way:

Shanghai and Pop checkin'  out the 40


At the Drags ... 1966  ran 12's in B/S



My first car.  a 63 Chevy Biscayne .. 300 HP, 4 sp. ran 13:80's in D/S


2nd car I ever owned. 49 Chevy with 13,000 miles, paid $50.00
(That was before the wheels and paint)

Got this Buick Riviera from a lady in church for $600.00 it was sweet

Our 55 T-Bird, at a show in Fernandina Beach, FL.















"punch it Pop"  says grandson Jack.



2nd Bucket....
Built in early 60's







Jane on her 56 Bird, they bought it new.

My Dad and Sister, Sally's 60 Rambler






At the drags

Kim and Noah, checkin' out the Cobra















64 Corvette ... we bought it out of a museum,
 it had 53,000 miles on it

action on the movie set ... it was a drive in scene



Jane and I were ask to have our cars in a movie .... "Flamingo Rising", a Hallmark movie.
It was fun.





62 Corvette, my brother, Ken, bought it new
Mom, leaning on the glass !!!!

Weekend is here and time to get ready to race



63 Corvette


Michael Farer and I rebuilt this 56 Corvette that we found in a junk yard.  (cost $75.00) Nat Reader loaned us a female mold to lay up the glass for the nose



41 Ford truck ... to be a hot rod (sold it before it was done)

57 Bird

Son, Stephen's 66 Malibu .... we installed a big block and a 9" rearend with a 4 link

Little GTOooooo!!!!   a 67
60 Catalina and 70 LeMans .. Pontiac went a long way in design


Susan and Jack help me do something on the LeMans


Our 55  Chevy  .... 502 big block

The 63 and second 55 Chevys


The hauler, that got me from Calif. to Florida, towing a 60 Pontiac

Our car hauler



66 Mustang convertible
Robert and the 66 Coupe

Jane and I had a couple of businesses






When I moved to Florida, Jane's Mom told me she had an old Mercury in the back yard of a house she owned. I could have it if I wanted it ......This is what I found. Cool Comet.


Robert, 15, Kim, 6, and Stephen, 18 ... Using my Turbo Coupe to hold them up



Just painted the Corvette valve covers for  the 40  (still have them even though the 40 is long gone)



No comments:

Post a Comment