Steve the Designer

Steve the Designer

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Carle Garrett's Model A's

I met Carle Garrett when I was about 12 years old. Carle was dating my sister and he was in the Navy, stationed in Jacksonville, FL.  They met at church.  He would take Jane and I riding in the rumble seat of his Model A coupe.

This is the one we used to ride in. One of the things that made this Model A unusual is that it came from the factory with an air vent in front of the doors









Carle passed away a few years ago with a much larger collection. He had the largest collection of Ford Town Cars in the world. They were beautiful.
 I wish I had pictures of his house.  From the back it was a 1929 Ford dealership and show room.



My understanding is that this blue town car delivery was one of Carle's cars

1 comment: